And yes, we got featured as best new app in the Apple store.
This was a great surprise, for several reasons:
- we built Fluxedo with cross-platform, non-native technologies
- the UX was pixel-perfect wrt the Google material design guidelines
- we didn't advertise, push or apply any PR techniques on the app
And anyway, we got selected by Apple.
How was that?
I think three main points contributed to this success are:
- detailed studies of UX, feedback from user panels, and expertise in usability
- maniacal care on the implementation issues, performance, and testing of features
- solid data management architecture
- long-term research underneath the concept of the app (as apparent from various scientific publications that feature the technical aspects of the product: we got papers accepted at BPMS2 2012, MobileSoft 2015, ICWE 2015, and SLE 2015)
All this allowed a resulting app that is undistinguishable from native ones and works perfectly on any device.
Add to this a continuous improvement and evolution philosophy, and you get the core of the values of Fluxedo. WE are now working intensively on a new version of the app, completely re-engineered, to further improve the user experience and performance.
You can get an idea of the app from this video (or visit www.fluxedo.com):
To keep updated on my activities you can subscribe to the RSS feed of my blog or follow my twitter account (@MarcoBrambi).